Happy Sunday Everyone!
I hope all of you in the Boston area have been enjoying the weather this weekend! I know it is hard with stay at home orders in place, but J and I were able to get out to pick up some DELICOUS Sweet Waffle and Boba this weekend. They are located in Chinatown, right off the highway – I highly recommend! You do have to order ahead so I included the link to their website.
While I wish I could make this entire post about the deliciousness of that above, this is actually about my home made spinach artichoke dip recipe! Now, what I have listed below makes a pretty decent batch. I am only one person, so I usually end up freezing a few portions of it then heat it up quick when I want to have some.
For this recipe you will need:
- 1 Cup of fresh spinach
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 2 scoops of Vanilla Orgain Protein Powder (or unsweetened original) *
- 1/4 of a sweet onion diced
- 1 bag of Trader Joes Dairy free Mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup of rolled oats blended into flour (or Gluten free flour)*
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tea spoon of Himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp of Pepper
- 1/2 tsp of Cumin
- 1 bag of Trader Joes Frozen Artichoke hears (cut to desired size, I cut smaller into 4ths)
Now this is pretty easy to make and its a nice alternative for those of us who are Dairy free and gluten free. To make you:
- Pre-Heat the oven to 375 degrees
- Combine all dry ingredients in your smoothie maker/blender/food processor (or mix if you are using regular GF flour). Set aside in a bowl.
- Dice up the Frozen Artichoke hearts in to smaller pieces than they come. Rule of thumb: the size you leave the hearts should be able to fit on your favorite Tortilla chip. I leave them frozen- put the hearts in a large mixing bowl. Add in the onion and mix together.
- In your smoothie maker/blender/food processor, blend the almond milk and spinach together. Once Blended, add to solid ingredients in Large Bowl and Mix well.
- Slowly add in your dry ingredients while mixing. Once your dry ingredients are mixed well, add in the bag of DF Mozzarella. Mix well.
- Put total mixture in oven safe baking dish with a cover. If you do not have a cover, you can use tinfoil to cover the top.
- Bake for about 30-40 minutes. You can check to see if your dish is done by stirring periodically. If you go to stir and the cheese looks melted, it should be done. Also, It should be come thicker as the artichoke hearts de-thaw and the flour absorbs the water -thickening the mix.
- Remove from oven and serve with your favorite chips! I love blue corn chips!
*Now, I will say that the protein powder is totally optional. I love baking with it. If you do use Orgain, using Vanilla versus Original will give it a sweeter taste. If you forgo Protein powder, add in 1/2 a cup of flour instead of 1/4 th. It will give you the same results. If you are using coconut flour, try 1/3 cup because it absorbs way more. You don’t want he dip coming out dry. You can always add more almond milk once you are done too if it does come out dry. Just pop it back in for a few more minutes.
If you try this I would loveeeeee to hear what you thought. Comment below how it came out or If you will be trying this!!!