This is a request I’ve been getting for a while now: what are your favorite restaurants? I have so many so I decided to break it down by neighborhood.
I don’t go out nearly as much as I use to, but I was a concierge for years so recommending restaurants is a must. You need to learn as many as you can and act like you’ve been to every one you’ve suggested. Usually you just go off or whatever your colleagues who had been said about the restaurant you were suggesting and vice verse. This list is of restaurants I have actually been to more than once and LOVE!
- Buttermilk and Bourbon: I love me some good southern and Cajun style soul food! Buttermilk and Bourbon is the best of both worlds in Boston. They have such good small and large plates, I highly recommend them. Also, their cocktail menu is insane. Fun fact: a few of their bartenders are from Greeley, CO. (Not named after my family lol)
- Saltie Girl: Right around the corner is a delicious seafood spot Saltie Girl. It is pretty exclusive so make sure to give your name in advance because they don’t take reservation and only have 4 tables and about 15 bar stools. Great seafood and their Lobster Burger is BOMB!
- Paramount: If you wanna grab some mouthwatering breakfast delights, but don’t want to have the full sit down, this is your place. It’s structured kind of like an ——–
- Za/Evoo: Farm to Table has hit the Cambridge scene big over the last 5 years, and these two have to be my favorite. Za has individual, gourmet pizzas, and Evoo is a contemporary American spot with some Italian flair to it. They are connected by a bar in the center, where you can order from both. I recommend Za for a casual night and EVOO for something a little fancier.
- Pier 6: Seafood with a view! You can see the entire Boston Skyline from this spot and it is absolutely breathtaking. In the summertime, they do have an outside deck bar where you can enjoy the weather. Their Scallop plate is my favorite.
- Q Restaurant: If you have never had hot pot this is the place to go! The Bartenders are AMAZING, especially Jason and Chanthra. Their drinks are bomb. You can get anything here from Hot Pot to Sushi. It’s conveniently located on the corner of Chinatown and Downtown Crossing.
- Sip Wine Bar and Kitchen: If you love wine as much as I do, go here. They have an amazing selection of wine, pretty much anything you want.
- Back Deck: It is literally a Back Deck oasis in the middle of the city. You have to go here on a nice day during the summer, they open up all the windows and it’s such a nice atmosphere and an awesome spot for people watching. They have pretty much anything you can cook on the grill.
- Pit Stop BBQ: This is way off the beaten path but if you’re a local, so worth it. Pit Stop has the best BBQ I have ever had in my life, AND THEY’RE ON UBER EATS! They’re only open a few days a week, but they do have late nights, I’m talking 2am! You HAVE to try Pit Stop
- Anthem: Anthem is your typical American restaurant, BUT they do Gluten Free like no other. A significant amount of their menu can be made gluten free.
- Sweetcheeks: I love me some BBQ as you can tell. Sweekcheeks has an award winning chef and a crazy amount of combo options.
- The Frogmore: Again, Cajun food vibes. The Frogmore has serious southern food vibes and I have never been disappointing. Their brunch dishes are HUGE portions and their bacon is thick cut fresh from VT. AHMAZINGGG!
- Canary Square: They have a smaller menu consisting of contemporary american food. Their burgers and Brussels are my fave and they have a very nice sparking Rose.
- Doyle’s: Doyle’s Cafe is a small Irish Pub with so much history. They were one of the first Pub’s in Boston, and are currently one of the only ones still supplied by the Sam Adams Brewery in JP (which you should also check out)
- Brassica Kitchen: I found this place on accident one weekend, but let me tell you they have some of the best breakfast sandwiches around AND they can accommodate Gluten free and Dairy free.
- Antico Forno: I’m half Italian and my family actually settled in the North End. This is my absolute favorite restaurant because it has authentic Italian food. Every dish I have had here has been amazing. This was always my number one recommendation as a concierge.
- Bacco: The building this restaurant is located in looks like it’s right out of Tucson. You have to go here in the summer and request to sit on the second floor by the window. It is beautiful!
- Florentine Cafe: If you know me, you know I’m not a salad person, but for some reason I absolutely love the salads at Florentine Cafe. Also, they have some of the best squash ravioli I’ve ever had! (Not gluten free)
- Mamma Maria’s: Fine dining at its finest! The atmosphere here is so romantic and the dishes are amazing. It is on the pricier side, but you get REAL Italian portions. The wine selection is amazing.
North Station/West End
- Boston Sports Grill: If you’re going to a game or concert, this is one of my favorite places to go before hand. It had a crazy sports vibe to the atmosphere and good traditional American bar food.
- Ward 8: This is the cutest little spot. They have an awesome brunch menu and can accommodate GF. My best friend and I end up here a lot during our wine drunk dates.
- The Barking Crab: My favorite place for seafood! I have been talking about getting a lobster roll here in the summer for Months and J is prob sick of it at this point. It is right on a Wharf, you get shared tables, and it is accessible by boat! The ferry isn’t too far, sometimes it’s fun to just take a water taxi after.
- Tezmecal: I love me some Mexican food! Tacos are life and so is Tezmecal’s guac!
- Coppersmith: If you like the industrial look, this is your place! They have a Food truck in their restaurant and such a cute rooftop bar. I heard a rumor they’re closing, so get here quick. Not sure if that is accurate or not.
- Moonshine 152: One of my best friend use to work here, and it’s such a cute spot. They have a decent size patio and great brunch on the weekends.
I hope you have the chance to at least try some of these restaurants! If you do, comment and let me know what you think! Don’t forget to email subscribe so you don’t miss a post. If you’re on a desktop, it’s on the top right, on a Mobil phone scroll to the bottom.
Thanks for reading!